The Martin Group

The Martin Group headquarteres was a renovation and historic preservation project of the former Levy, King and White building on Main Street in downtown Buffalo, which dates to 1919.

The building features Roman architectural elements, including “prominent columns, paneled pilasters, ornamental iron railings and a pediment and dentils,”.  This project incorporated the architecturally relevant aspects of the original construction, and married them with modern mechanicals including plumbing, electric, HVAC and modern data and AV equipment.

The first floor houses a major conference room, atrium, gathering spaces, and a reception desk built entirely of solid-surface material. The second and third floors have traditional work space cubicles and glass office walls featuring the DIRTT system.

While the major renovations were completed indoors, minor renovations and repairs were done on the exterior, including repointing the stone, installing new signage and employing feature lighting to highlight the building.

Quick Facts

Location: Buffalo, NY

Date Completed: 2017

Project Delivery Method: Construction Management